Tagliatelli with baby courgettes, lemon and basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 8-10 small, very firm courgettes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 good handful of fresh basil, picked
- 455g/1lb tagliatelle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 90g/3 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
Put the olive oil and garlic into a thick-bottomed pan and fry gently for about 30 seconds, then add baby courgettes and toss gently.
After about 2 minutes squeeze in the juice of the lemon, add the basil, and cook for another minute.
Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente.
Mix it with the courgettes to combine the flavours, season to taste and add the Parmesan. If it looks a bit dry add a little extra olive oil.
Serve with some torn basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan on top.
Sent to us by Chloe Sciberras.